The most important stage in the construction of any building is the pouring of foundation. The quality of its implementation determines the fate of the structure. Only professionals should carry out foundation works. The “Pulsar Construction” company has been providing services in this sphere for many years – our specialists know all the nuances.
Types of foundation
The construction of the foundation should take into account not only the weight of the future building, but also the quality of the soil, the proximity of water bodies, and operating conditions.
There are four types of foundation:
- strip foundation;
- piled foundation;
- column foundation;
- monolithic foundation.
Suitable for almost all operating conditions. It is laid under large heavy buildings. The load-bearing capacity is adjusted by increasing or decreasing the dimensions of the strip. This is the only type of foundation that allows the construction of semi-basement floors and basements.
On solid soils, buildings up to 10 floors can be erected on a strip foundation. The quality of the ground, the depth of soil freezing and the estimated weight of the building determine the depth of pouring.
- simple construction technology;
- high bearing capacity.
The disadvantages include:
- volumetric earthworks;
- long hardening time of concrete after pouring;
- the impossibility of installing such a foundation on weak and watery soil types.
The strip foundation types are:
- Solid-cast is a monolithic foundation made of reinforced concrete strip, erected directly on concrete using metal structures. Floor concreting is carried out on a single occasion. This guarantees the strength of the material.
- Prefabricated – is built from standard foundation blocks, made of concrete at the plant and delivered to the installation site. It is erected by laying blocks on a special mortar. This type of foundation is used in the construction of low-rise buildings.
The strip foundation can be made not only of reinforced concrete, but also of rubble concrete, that is, a mixture of concrete and rubble stone. It is suitable only for the construction of light low buildings, but does not depend on the quality of the soil.
It is installed on unstable ground or where there is a large amount of groundwater. A piled foundation is a structure consisting of vertical pillars immersed in the ground and a strapping of a monolithic reinforced concrete strip on the surface.
- fast installation;
- construction is allowed at any time of the year;
- installation is possible on sites with a difficult relief and weak soils.
The disadvantages include:
- susceptible to corrosion;
- building in rocky and stony areas is impossible.
The piled foundation types are:
- Auger – is a pile of steel pipes screwed into the ground.
- Driving – reinforced concrete piles driven into the ground.
- Auger and overdriven – concrete piles are installed directly into a pre-drilled hole.
Suitable for the construction of small light buildings. Column foundation – these are columns immersed in the ground to a depth of not more than 1.5 meters, and more often at the level of 0.5-0.7 m. Reinforced concrete supports are connected by a frame (formwork).
To calculate the columnar base, consider:
- freezing depth;
- soil type;
- groundwater level and proximity to water bodies;
- the amount of atmospheric precipitation;
- potential weight of the building.
Based on these data, the depth of the installation of the pillars is determined, and, therefore, their height.
Also called slab foundation. This is a solid foundation created directly at the site of the construction of the building. It consists of slabs and is a reliable way to build a construction.
The advantages include:
- the ability to install on problematic soils: sandy and dusty;
- simplicity and speed of construction.
However, it has also such disadvantages:
- Price. This is the most expensive type of foundation.
- The inability to create basements.
- Not suitable for areas that are prone to landslides.
When designing a monolithic foundation, it is necessary to take into account the bearing capacity of the soil and the weight of the building. Based on these data, the thickness of the working slab is calculated. It is also necessary to immediately think over all communications, as it will be difficult to lay them later.
Foundation on the turnkey basis
The “Pulsar-Construction” company is engaged in pouring the foundation on a turnkey basis. We will make calculations for all types of suitable grounds in the area you have chosen. We will manufacture the parts at our plant and fulfill the order without violating the contract terms.
We produce metal structures in our own workshops on the territory of Ukraine. We own a Metal Structure Plant in Brovary city, with a total production area of 7000 sq. m and up to 450 tons of products per month. This allows us to carry out work quickly, without delaying the supply of fittings and the fulfillment of contractual obligations. All metal structures are produced on modern equipment under the supervision of highly qualified specialists.
Prices for foundation work depend primarily on the type of foundation required. On the site you can see the price list and make preliminary calculations.
Before concluding a contract for work, our engineer will evaluate the site, draw up several schemes for preparing the site for building to choose from and calculate the cost. It depends on the area and weight of the building, the presence or absence of basement floors and the geology of the site. Therefore, we will announce the exact prices individually after our specialist visits the place. You choose the option that suits your budget and requirements.
Please contact us and we will promptly provide a project and prices for foundation work. We pouring foundations throughout Ukraine, but in Kyiv city a preliminary calculation is possible on the day of the application. On the website, you can place an order for a call back or call the specialist.